Sunday, March 14, 2010

Adventures in NYC

Hi Everyone, I just back back from a few days in NYC.  I had gotten tickets to the live taping of the "Wendy Williams Show" for my daughter and me.  Now,  that I enjoy the "Wendy Williams Show" had been my "secret pleasure" but I'm letting the secret out because it was so much fun!  All the people working on the show ( including Wendy ) were friendly, positive and upbeat.  The deejay kept the dance music thumpin' and we had a little dance party before the show started, complete with disco balls ( which reminded me that I still have to get one )!  The following evening, we went to Broadway and saw "West Side Story".  Seeing the professionals dance Jerome Robbins brilliant choreography, was really quite a thrill for me and the tragic love story never disappoints ( I realize that I harbor a faint hope that things will turn out differently for Tony and Maria and Chino won't find them! ). 
I decided to cap off all of this entertainment with brunch at one of my favorite places on the Lower East Side.  'inoteca is a cozy little authentically Italian  ( as opposed to Italian-american ) bistro serving tasty, fresh food.  Their cafe americano is always strong, rich and smooth, one of my favorite cups.  They have a "to die for" warm scone filled with Nutella cream, and a Truffled Egg Toast, which is a thick piece of toast with an egg poached in a hole in the center with truffle oil, a truly brilliant combination!   For a while now, my favorite item on the menu has been the Basil Pesto and Egg Panino.  Yesterday's panino was the best ever!  The eggs were exactly the way I like them, lightly scrambled and buttery with the basil pesto flavoring the eggs just enough, not overpowering them.  The bread had just the right amount of of crispiness on the outside.  I was in breakfast heaven for the whole time it took me to eat!  It was a perfect way to end a few days in the greatest city in the world!   Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment