Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No Carbs?

Hi.  You may have noticed that I haven't included carbs in my dinners.  I eat carbs at my morning meal and I will go into more detail about this at a later date.  For dinner, I generally like to eat lots of vegetables and protein.  While cooking, I like to snack on cheese ( no crackers ), olives and wine.  I'm fond of Bucheron, a french goat cheese and several types of olives.  An olive I've discovered recently is Castlevetrano, a green, buttery, sicilian olive.
Tonight I'll be eating fried tofu again along with: 
 
Lacinato Kale with Leek and Sauteed Mushrooms 

Wash and tear the kale.  Smash a couple of cloves of garlic and put in a pan with some olive oil and salt.  You may be noticing a pattern here.  Clean and slice a medium to large leek.  Brown the garlic, add the leek slices, stir, cover and cook over a low flame for a few minutes until the leek begin to soften.  Add the kale and salt.  No water.  Cover and cook over a low flame until the kale is soft.

You can use any type of mushroom.  I usually use cremini.  Clean by wiping rather than washing and cut the mushroom into quarters.  Brown garlic in olive oil and salt as you did for the kale, and put in the mushrooms.  Add a little more salt, cover and cook over a low flame.  Stir occasionally and when the mushrooms begin to release their water add some fresh, chopped parsley ( about 1/4 cup ).  Cook a few minutes more and stir.  Close the flame and sprinkle the mushrooms with parmigiano cheese. mmmmmmm....enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment