Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fried Eggplant

Hi Everyone,  tonight I'm having tofu slabs and broccoli rabe and I've given you those recipes.  However, I'm in the mood to dress it up a little and so I'm going to cook some eggplant.  This is a very simple, but tasty way to round out the meal.  Eggplant cooked this way is also good over pasta.  I bought a small, slender eggplant which is an "Italian eggplant".  It's a good variety to use for one or two people.

Fried Eggplant:

Slice the eggplant into thin rounds.  You want to fry the eggplant in very hot olive oil.  If the oil is not hot enough the eggplant will absorb the oil.  Fill the pan with a good layer of oil.  When hot enough, put in the slices and let them cook until golden on one side, then turn and let them cook until golden brown on the other.  At some point you may have to add more oil to the pan.  Take them from the pan and put them on a paper towel to drain.  After a few minutes transfer them to a plate and salt them and sprinkle with parmigiano cheese and coarse black pepper.   Mmmmmmm, really good and I'm oh, so hungry.  Enjoy!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment